Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: WHO Are You?

moving on

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I was recently part of a mediated conversation. The morning of the meeting, I was faced with some familiar anxiety. It had nothing to do with my life as a stepmom, but the feelings were strangely reminiscent of former court mediation.

The important thing is that people showed up. We were real with each other.

The question lingers…How do I remain true to myself as I move forward in the tangles of friendship. I don’t know the answer. Chances are pretty good that I’ll make mistakes on the way, but minute by minute and day by day I’ll keep going. I won’t stop just because I’ve hit a bump in the road.

“To thine own self, be true.” ~William Shakespeare

“Challenges come so we can grow and be prepared for things we are not equipped to handle now. When we face our challenges with faith, prepared to learn, willing to make changes, and if necessary, to let go, we are demanding our power be turned on.” ~Iyanla Vanzant

“You cannot tell what may happen to us in the strange medley of life. But we can decide what happens in us..how we can take it, what we do with it..and that is what really counts in the end.” ~Joseph Fort Newton

I’m going to make it. The love of friends and family and the support of community will get me through. Things happen for a reason, and I’ll know why someday. Not sure when…but I’ll figure it out.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.