Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: I'm a Great Mom Because...

Motherhood is more

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I drive a used minivan with sticky floorboards and a trunk full of random stuff.

I know all the Disney Jr. theme songs from 2012 to present day but a second-grader had to tell me who Marshmellow is.

I can easily rock the same leggings for an entire weekend.

Also, I wear my 'good pants' about two-inches higher waisted than I did at twenty-five.

I use room spray as perfume and wear a ball cap more than I style my hair.

I embarrass my kids dancing in toy aisles at Targets and making silly faces at restaurants.

I am 'that mom.'

And by 'that mom,' I mean the one I thought I'd never be because I was just way too cool.

Once, as a teenager, I told my mom I'd rather die than grow up to be the type of woman who read Good Housekeeping magazine. (Yes, I really said that!)

16dba8f50bee9889b8827c67818f8056ea91ffd2.jpg

I now read it front to back.

At 18, I thought all the suburban moms pushing strollers were inauthentic and bored.

I was wrong.

Everything visible on the surface - the messy buns and diaper bags, the HGTV watching and Pinterest groups, the appointments and store lists - it's not what defines mom life.

My floorboards are sticky because God trusted me with two children to raise.

So, I watch cartoons with them.

I buy them new clothes and not myself.

I read about how to make their house a home to grow up in.

I plan play-dates instead of scheduling hair appointments.

I dance in public and act like a goofball to make them laugh.

"Stop it, mom,' my 6-year-old says. "That isn't cool."

I just smile and keep on dancing.

❤mamadickinson

Related video:

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.