Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Get organized!

Make ahead meals

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

f70b559592fdc53cd7a261d5f8114a38fdd8c274

Food may be the biggest struggle. When the day gets started, kids, dog, hubby.. everyone needs to get ready and eat right? I find it so much easier to make breakfast ahead. On Sunday's I make an entire weeks worth of meals but most importantly I make what we call, an egg bake. I make them in a variety of combinations, with smoked ham and cheese, bacon, spinach and swiss, broccoli and cheddar cheese..Heck, you name it Ill make it. I make it in a giant casserole dish and once cool, cut them into squares, bag them and stack them in the fridge. I am not a fan of cereal or sugary breakfast food and my family tends to lean towards savory vs. sweet. I feel good about having it readily available and know its good food. It lasts for the week and keeps extremely well not to mention, with my hubby commuting, it travels well too. He brings it to the office, heats in the toaster oven and says its better than any breakfast he could order! Food is so important when it comes to what we want for our families. So Sunday in my house I turn into a short order cook and plan the meals for the week. after a long day, walking in from work, is such a stress reducer to know good food is a reheat away! All my recipes can be found on my blog here

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.