Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

It's 2020. Dude...We're Tired.

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

29be3365f0986df11dbb5eb0e0c9740cc16c179b.jpg

Just in case you were wondering what tired looks like. She looks a little something like this.

She’s still smiling… but man is she tired.

Not necessarily physically tired. I’ve had newborn twins... Dude that's a tired no one can put into words. I also played college basketball... Can you say 5am conditioning? I know what physically tired feels like.

This is different.

I don’t sleep a lot, but that’s normal. This tired is deeper than that. It’s bigger.

Mentally tired. Emotionally tired. Spiritually tired.

2020 has been hard.

Difficult to navigate. Difficult to guide children through. Difficult to know what to feel or when to feel it. Difficult to prepare for what’s next.

Please don’t misinterpret my words. Tired does not mean discouraged. It just means juggling a lot at once and not feeling certain which way is up.

Do you ever feel like that?

Jesus and I have an understanding. We talk a lot. He knows how tired I am.

My glass is always half full. My tired is still happy. It definitely comes with wrinkles and bags and is loaded with imperfection. But it's still happy.

I learned a long time ago that laughter cures all. I laugh a lot.

But man…let's keep it real... I’m tired. 2020 is weird. We’ll get through it.

I’m here to tell you this. Keep going. Let yourself feel whatever you need to feel. Keep smiling. Keep laughing. Keep encouraging. Keep loving.

And let yourself feel really freakin’ tired for a hot second. We all are.

Now get some rest.
Or go watch something that makes you belly laugh.
Sometimes that's even better.

Love & Hugs
Nicki, Momming all the Boys

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.