Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Open Discussion

I had you.

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

8235c0639a76645a21ca2bd605e6d52013e2937a.jpg

I was 18 years old and making one of the biggest decisions of my life: where to go to college. I felt confused and indecisive. Thankfully, I had you.

I graduated from college and started my first nursing job. It seemed like I would never learn everything I needed to know. I was exhausted and overwhelmed. Gratefully, I had you.

I vowed my love for my husband in front of God, our family and friends. I couldn’t stop smiling and danced until the last guest left. Lovingly, I had you.

I packed up and moved to North Carolina which felt like a million miles from my family and friends. I was pushed out of my comfort zone, for the first time not knowing anyone besides my husband, within a 60-mile radius. Luckily, I found you.

I dropped off the love of my life for his first deployment and went back to an empty house where my family was a nine-hour drive away. Thankfully, I had you.

I cried when I read the negative pregnancy test after multiple trips to the doctor. I was scared of the possibility of never carrying a baby in my belly. Thank God, I had you.

I found out that we were expecting our first child and my heart was full of joy! I could not contain my excitement and love for the baby growing in my belly. Joyfully, I had you.

I welcomed my second baby into this world. I was excited and sleep deprived, chasing around a lively toddler and caring for a brand-new baby. My mom brain was in full force. Delightedly, I had you.

I was covered in bodily fluids, both toddlers screaming at the top of their lungs. I felt like I might lose my mind. Fortunately, I had you.

God sent me you, my dear friend. He put you in my path to help me celebrate the joyful moments, guide me through the confusing and overwhelming, and hold me up during the sorrowful. I will always be thankful for our friendship, for what it was, what it is and what it will be. Because throughout my best and worst moments, I had you

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.