Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: WHO Are You?

I Am...

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

As I sit here looking at this blank page, my mind is jumbling the answers to this question at lightning speed. Who am I?

I Am A Mom-

Certainly not a perfect mom. I make my fair share of mistakes on a daily basis, hell, even an hourly basis. I am a mom who tries really hard to teach valuable lessons, manners, make boo boos feel better, and give an enormous amount of love to my boys. Some days with more success than others.

While the days are long, the years are fleeting. I am in the thick of it right now. I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. The responsibilities are endless, exhausting and more than I could have ever imagined before having children.

I Know Who I Am Not-

I am not the same person I was ten years ago or even five years ago before having babies. My definition of fun, being busy, tired and feeling important has been rocked to my core.

I am not the wife I once was. Marriage is different when children are little and you are in the thick of it. I am also not the great friend I was before. I find as much time as I can, but it isn't nearly as much as it used to be. Not because I value these relationships less, but I am only one person, doing the best I can to get through each day.

I Am-

A woman learning to give herself grace. Grace for the mistakes, for not being there for others as much as I once was. Grace for when I have given it my all and it just wasn't enough. Grace for flying by the seat of my pants some most days. Grace for when I lose my patience. Grace over mom guilt.

I am stronger than I ever thought I was. I am finally getting to know the new me and really starting to like her. I am learning the importance of self care and just how valuable I am.

I have found my passion and the courage to go for it. I care more about who I know I am, rather than what others think of me. I am comfortable in my own skin. I am forty and not afraid to say it. I am happy with myself AND as a wife and mommy.

I am also a Today's Parenting Contributor ;)

a6307faac2e3694135ebb26fbb81f3ae2702e002.jpg

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.