Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: WHO Are You?

I am...

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I AM... a mother, a sister, daughter, friend, and wife. Some days I am good at these things and some days I fail miserably. I am a wanna-be yogi. I love to play in the dirt and watch things grow. I enjoy taking random photos of irony and randomness but never call myself a photographer because I have a fancy camera but don’t know how to use all the buttons. I am obsessed with my animals, probably because they can’t talk back and they love me unconditionally.

I try to live every day with intention and try to teach my children to do the same. I know I can’t change the world but I think I can.

I have ex’s and baggage and that’s what makes me human. I have a millennial family where everyone has a different last name. I used to carry that with shame but I no longer do. I have crashed and burned a few times but I have always gotten back up. I know now that these are the life experiences that we grow and evolve from, so I embrace these times because there is a lesson to be learned even as crappy as it feels right now.

Our lives aren’t always recipes, cleaning, and having kiddos with straight A’s. I wish they were! They are simply complicated and involve divorces, Wellbutrin, and a little therapy or a lot and that’s ok. We need to laugh more, lean on each other more, and lend each other a non-judgmental ear when needed.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.