Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Parenting Resolutions

The Best Parents Know Better.

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

3448876336b4762691183e3dda9282ccd8a62110.jpg

In my world, I see the best and the worst in raising children. I have seen incredible, responsible, loving children who have come from families where there are more chances of getting criminals.

I also watched how busy it was to make families limp for parents: drug addiction, mental and physical problems, rape and even death.

One day I heard the Christian writer John gives his parents the necessary grace: "Their children are no testimony that you are parents."

For the most part, I agree. We should cut ourselves (and each other). This is a dangerous, unpredictable, chaotic world. No parent can cover all the basics, and they should not expect this. Damn, for those of us who belong to the religious community, this should be taken for granted. We have a supernatural, omniscient, omniscient God and see what a mess we are. Should we assume that God is a vile father?

Although the masses may condemn you for your struggle, discriminating people realize that anything that goes against your family is not a reflection of you.

Your answer to the misfortune ... and, dear lion, heart parent, you have the right to vote in this part of the story.

Our son ran away from home. It was a perfect storm of insurmountable circumstances. After a week in the wild, he came home worse than before. The following months were more debilitating and heartbreaking than anything I could imagine as a father ... or as a writer.

However, our family is coming to the other side more than ever before. I am grateful for that.

I know that many of you are now struggling with your children, and I know that you feel judged by your circumstances.

Friends, consider the source.

They are only judged by those who have never entered the ring to fight for their families.

But know the following: You are not alone. Millions of us greet you as we lead our own battles.

Your heart is strong enough for this task. Your family will be strengthened by the experience.

Forgive those who never realize this kind of blessing.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.