Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Best Parent Hacks

Handmade: Gifts for A New Baby

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

There will be a brand-new addition to our family this fall! My sister is expecting her second child, a baby girl named Emma. Devin and I made a trip to MO this weekend to celebrate her coming arrival with our family. We had a blast reuniting with my sisters, brothers-in-law, nephews, parents, aunts, cousin and grandmothers, all getting excited about a new baby girl.

Because girls are so special and she will be the first girl in the youngest generation of our immediate family, I wanted to give my sis some wonderful and thoughtful gifts for her baby sprinkle... all handmade! I'm so excited to meet this little girl who will be amazing I'm sure if she is ANYTHING like her mother or any other woman in my family. My sis had informed me that she has all the baby supplies she needs but everything she has is "boyish" since her first-born was a boy. I thought it would be nice to add some feminine staples to her supply so I made some handmade bibs, hooded towels and a Boppy cover for her.

At her party, we all ooohed and aaaahed over the adorable gifts she received from everyone. My mom and aunt threw the wonderful party and even added special blue balloons and cupcakes to celebrate the addition of Devin to our family too since they hadn't had a chance to formally celebrate after his adoption.

I've decided to post tutorials for the gifts I made for little Emma. Do you know someone expecting a little one? These handmade creations make adorable gifts!
Super Absorbent Bibs

98d0a36f6c2ef7181247200105f5eb4037460f9c.jpg

These bibs are super simple to make. I picked a cotton fabric for the front and absorbent terry cloth for the back to make them more useful. My sister's first-born son was a drooler for quite some time so if baby Emma is anything like that, these bibs will help her stay dry! An added snap closure on the neck makes them look very nice and keeps them in place! Click here for tutorial.
Hooded towel and washcloth Set

d62b8e7e7ce1c21c2ac5cda7a41b27c161b733d0.jpg

I found a great tutorial, DIY BABY & TODDLER HOODED TOWEL on Haberdashery Fun. To go along with the towel, I created a washcloth so the two could be gifted as a set. I wanted to add a special touch so I embroidered Emma's initials on the hood. I went ahead and made two of these sets so she has a clean one if the other one is in the wash. I hope she snaps some pics of little Emma wrapped up in these cozy towels... unimaginable cuteness!

What mom doesn't have a Boppy?

My sis does and I thought it would be a great idea to make a cute replacement cover for it. She already has one from when her son was an infant but as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to Boppy covers, the more the merrier! I made this cover with a zipper in the back so it can be easily removed and washed.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.