Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Summer Fun

Fun Awaits Families at Wizard World Chicago 2019

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Photo is Property of Wizard World Comic Con

Are you looking for a family-friendly activity to do with the kids before the end of summer?

I highly recommend attending one of the biggest events Chicago is holding this August.

Whether you love gaming, Cosplay, collecting pop culture memorabilia, or coming face-to-face with your favorite celebrities from television or movies, Wizard World is where you'll want to be.

Tickets prices are according to how many days you would like to attend. One day passes as well as multiple-day passes are available to buy online or at the convention center. Something to keep in mind when you're buying tickets on-site is that would not get the pre-order discounts or incentives, and the line to purchase admissions at the show is generally longer than the line to pick up in advance.

When you have little ones, the last thing you want to do is keep them from all that fun. By the way, children 10 and under receive free admittance with the purchase of an adult ticket. Talk about a great deal!

My kids and I attended our very first Wizard World in Chicago last year. The very second we walked through those convention doors my boys led me towards the hall with all the exhibitors. There was no shortage of vendors. Any villain or superhero you could think of had their image on a piece of original artwork, stemware, jewelry, collectible figurines, and so much more.

The variety of concession stands surrounding the exhibitors made it easy for my pickiest eater to find something he loved. The food my kids and I had was very filling and flavorful. There was even a selection of healthier items on the menu for those who are certain dietary restrictions. The prices typically were what you'd pay to eat at the movie theaters.

The activities geared towards the younger crowd even wowed the parents I spoke with. They loved how their kids could do activities that were meant to take home after completing them. Most parents were more excited than their children once they saw the celebrity line-up Wizard World had in store for their 4-day run in the Windy City.

I know I was one of those parents. I could not wait to see the panels with some of my favorite actors from the small and big screen. Listening to the celebrities from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Guardians of the Galaxy, Charmed, The X-Files, and Ghostbusters was the highlight of my day. Not to mention, my boys and I had a fantastic time laughing at the hilarious banter going on between the incredible on-stage talent.

Wondering which guests will be at this year's WWC?

Aquaman himself, Jason Momoa along with David Giuntoli from Grimm, Gotham's Ben McKenzie, and Sabrina's Melissa Joan Hart are just some of the talent announced last month. More to be revealed as soon as the details become available on the website.

If you wanted to get more up close and personal with the celebrities in attendance, Wizard World offers a range of opportunities to do so. Autographs and photos are an excellent way for your family to commemorate your fun-filled day. To check out all of the prices, you can visit the WWC website for those details.

Make sure to follow Wizard World on social media. It is where they post all of the updated information and discover other developments that will be taking place after the event. Just by following WW on Twitter last year, I learned about a free private screening for a movie that was a week away from hitting theaters nationwide. My teens and I joined a group of attendees a flew blocks from the venue at the AMC theater, where we all had the chance to watch that movie with the directors. Afterward, there was an impromptu Q&A with the directors and signed movie posters.

You never know what fun awaits you at this year's Wizard World Chicago. That's all the reason to gather up the family and head over to the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center between August 22nd and 25th.

For more on the 2019 Wizard World Chicago, visit: https://wizardworld.com/comicc...

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.