I love my daughter more than anyone in the whole world! However there have been several surprises along the way. Here are just a few:
1. Our new couch, bought while I was pregnant with aforementioned daughter now has butter, pen, possible chocolate (let's hope so), spit up, and a whole range of stains that I've not been entirely successful at getting out.
2. You will never rest when you are sick. Forget it. If you have a loving spouse you may get a nap break.
3. Caillou is a television show for kids. I had not heard of this little trouble maker before I had my daughter. I'm certain this show plays on a loop in hell.
4. "Sleep when your baby sleeps" was actually pretty legit advice.
5. Learn to collect a stool sample. My daughter had a terrible stomach virus as an infant that lasted three weeks. we took her to the doctor four times! Nobody could figure out what it was until one doctor asked me to give her a stool sample. Ta da! Mystery solved.
To be honest, my daughter inspires me everyday, and I love her so completely! She is the best thing that has ever happened to me!
This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.