Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Share your mom lessons

Be a Hero

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

5bf0e79087b6113d616693a1ce3d9737af74d667.jpg

My mother has taught me so many important things. My mother is a Registered Nurse at the VA Hospital in Temple, TX. She has worked there her entire nursing career. I too am now an RN and I worked as a student nurse at the VA with my mother and then as a Registered Nurse for over two years. My mother taught me so much during this time and well before. Compassion and caring are two of the biggest. Nursing isn't just a job, it is a calling. It is often a long, dirty, and thankless job, but we don't do it for the thanks. These men have all served their country, and I was honored to serve them with her and honor them like they have honored each and every one of us. My mother taught me how to care for heroes with pride and dignity. I now work for a different company, because I have two children who are very young and hospital hours unfortunately didn't allow me much time to be a mother, but I took the education and training I received, especially that provided by my mother, and apply it to every patient and family member I encounter. I hope when I finish growing up I've impacted half as many lives in the positive way she has. #myhero

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.