Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Pregnancy and Infant Loss

Angel Baby

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

I had a miscarriage in May of 2014. My husband and I were trying to get pregnant with our second child. I was tracking everything, so I knew right away when I was pregnant. I told my family, the girls I taught with, and a few of my closest friends very early on. I was excited and thought “I know something bad could happen early on, but it could happen anytime during my pregnancy”. I wanted others to know-this ended up being a good thing for me later on.

When I was going through my miscarriage, there were so many emotions I was feeling.

Hope and worry-I experienced a “missed” miscarriage, so there were a few days that I clung to hope that it wasn’t really happening and everything would be ok.

Disappointment, dispair, depression, and anger-when I knew the reality what was happening.

Guilt-that couldn’t protect my baby and that I did something wrong to cause the miscarriage.

Fear-that I would possibly have to go through this pain again, or that I would not be able to get pregnant again.

It was actually a blessing to me that so many people already knew I was pregnant. They were a support system to me during this difficult time. I was surprised by how many people had experienced pregnancy loss as well. Others just let me know that they loved me, were praying for me, and were there for me-which meant so much.

My advice would be to let others know if you are experiencing a miscarriage or pregnancy loss. No one should have to go through this experience alone or kept a secret. If you know someone experiencing a miscarriage, let them know you love them!

I find comfort knowing my sweet angel baby is with Jesus and I will hold him or her one day.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.