Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: What Do Fathers Do Best?

An Unexpected Gift

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

8eb8aaf1389700d03a203418f3838b20b3a3c266.jpg

As work-from-home parents, my wife Judy and I have the unique opportunity to be around our kids all the time. We share the responsibility of providing for our family and, more importantly, taking care of our kiddos. Whether it’s cooking dinner, changing diapers, or putting our little girls to sleep, we both take part in every aspect of caring for them.

Of course, there are certain things that I, as a dad, get to do that are special and unique to me. I’m very passionate about not only eating delicious food, but also making healthy choices in our family’s diet. Getting my oldest, Julianna, involved in the preparation process is one way I encourage my kids to care about health and wellness. As early as she could stand on a chair, she has helped me make green juices daily for all of us to drink, so food has always been a big bonding opportunity for us. My twins are still a little young to help at the counter, but they accompany me on my trips to the grocery store. Finding these moments are so important to us as a family. Another activity that is unique to just daddy is gardening, which Julianna loves, as well. It’s our special time when we get to be alone in the backyard and tend to our many tomato and herb plants that we grow every summer.

Being married to a mommy vlogger like Judy has had many benefits for me as a father. She gets to connect with hundreds of mommies online and she is always getting tons of great advice for us as new parents. Recently, she was invited to join the JOHNSON’S® Council, and I was honored to be able to join her in this new endeavor! As members of the brand’s group of parenting influencers, we have met many informative people, but I have also been able to connect with other daddies, which has been great. Being a father is a big adjustment on its own, and embracing the idea of being a daddy vlogger myself was even more intimidating. Meeting other men who have similar roles in their family at a recent JOHNSON’S® event inspired and motivated me to embrace fatherhood even more.

Being a dad is different for every man out there. Some work, some stay at home, and some do both. The one thing that I know is the same for everyone is the love we all experience with our kids. Coming into parenting, I knew it would be a ton of work. What I didn’t expect was the truly unconditional and innocent love that I receive from my girls. It’s a gift that has been the most surprising experience and it is the reason I love being a dad so much!

I am a contributor for JOHNSON’S, the sponsor of this community, and compensated for travel and attendance at events. Every idea and word written is my own.

This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.