I have a blond-haired, brown-eyed, little 7-year-old boy whose face still lights up when he sees me first thing in the morning. He finds everything interesting and always has a question or two or 200. He laughs at all my jokes and comforts me as he grows older on every birthday. He teaches me something new every day!
Here are his top 7 lessons:
1. Always, always climb up the biggest hill! You will be rewarded when you get to run down it.
2. Insert poop into every song, joke, sentence, Shakespearean soliloquy... it is always, always funny.
3. Smile, a lot, at all hours of the day. It will save someone from themselves.
4. The anticipation of the birthday cake is the best part. Get super excited to eat it, wait impatiently to get served, take two bites and then play with your friends. Nothing tastes as good as hanging with friends.
5. No gift, excursion, vacation... is better than 10 minutes of undivided attention.
6. Shut up and dance with me! No explanation needed.
7. Laugh all the time, every day, as much as possible.
Enjoy the FAABlog? Follow and like us on Facebook for the newest updates: www.facebook.com/faabfranki
This post comes from the TODAY Parenting Team community, where all members are welcome to post and discuss parenting solutions. Learn more and join us! Because we're all in this together.