Digging into what your child is passionate about is always a good way to start the New Year! When one of my girlfriends told me she creates dream boards with her kids, I was instantly inspired! What better way for the kids to get motivated to pursue their dreams than seeing it laid out for them? It' super easy, heres what you will need:
- Construction paper or a cork board!
- Plenty of Magazines
- Gel Pens
- & Glue or Thumbtacks
Let your kids DREAM BIG! There is no goal that is too big or too small. Come up with a series of questions so the kids can answer them with their magazine cut outs. Let their creativity be their driving force! I also told them they can add to it throughout the year. Dividing the dream board into four sections is a great start.
- DO - What do you want to be when you grow up? Including what kind of person they aspire to be: caring, sympathetic, happy, humanitarian... A baseball player, a banker, a ballerina...
- GO - Where would you like travel to this year? What would like to see and possibly do? Where have you already been? And how will you get there?
- BE - If you can help someone, how would you do it! What can you do to make yourself a better person? Who do you want to be?
- LOVE - Who do you love? Family? Pets? And what is it that makes you feel loved? Eating together? Cuddling? Hugs?
Mom Tip: Have the kids find 5 plus words to cut out that inspires them.
When you are done with your vision board you will want to hang it for the kids to see. For our family, I let the kids hang them in their rooms and I told them as their dreams change they can add and take away from the board. For me, I am keeping mine in my laundry room. As a mom of four, I want my kids to know there is no dream that is too big! Being the example that you can do anything you set your mind too is a great start! I would love to hear from you! Have you ever done a dream board? Comment below! Be sure to subscribe to my blog at citygirlgonemom.com