Want to raise confident and resilient kids? I LOVE this article about big picture stuff we parents can do.
This week's #SparkleReport talks about using a crafting project as a way to build entrepreneurial skills (and raise money) which coincides nicely with #10 on the list:
- They move to the best neighborhood they can afford.
- They model and encourage good relationships.
- They praise their children the right way.
- They encourage them to do scut work.
- They ensure their kids know they will always support them.
- They help them to become resilient.
- They advocate for them at school.
- They remind them (ahem) of their high expectations for them.
- They hope that they marry the right person.
- They encourage them to act like entrepreneurs (and maybe become rich).
We all want to be happy and have successful lives. But for us parents our most important goals start to involve setting your kids up for success and happiness in their own lives. Read the complete INC. article here.