Two words for you that change the pasta game: zucchini lasagna. In this dish, I use a mandolin slicer to make zucchini noodles and macadamia nuts to make ricotta! You won't miss heavy carbs or cheese with this dish, trust me.
Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- FOR THE VEGAN RICOTTA:
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup water, more as needed
- salt and pepper
- FOR THE REST:
- 4 zucchini squash
- 24 oz jar of marinara
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add macadamia nuts to a food processor and mix to combine, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add remaining ricotta ingredients to food processor and pulse until combined.
- Slice zucchinis lengthwise with a mandolin slicer.
- Pour about ½ cup marinara sauce into a casserole pan (approximately 9×13-inch) and line one layer with thinly sliced zucchini.
- Scoop and spread about ¼ cup of the ricotta mixture over the layer of zucchini.
- Add a layer of marinara sauce and then top with more zucchini slices. Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Bake uncovered for 40 – 45 minutes. The zucchini should be very easily pierced when cut with a knife. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers will last for about 3 days in the fridge and a month in the freezer. Enjoy!
I am a personal chef and food blogger in Austin, Tx. I would love to win this contest to show people how they can eat healthy things that actually taste delicious! I've posted a few pictures below to show the making of this awesome zucchini noodle lasagna.