Two words for you that change the pasta game: zucchini lasagna. In this dish, I use a mandolin slicer to make zucchini noodles and macadamia nuts to make ricotta! You won't miss heavy carbs or cheese with this dish, trust me.
Zucchini Noodle Lasagna
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- FOR THE VEGAN RICOTTA:
- 2 cups raw macadamia nuts
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- ⅓ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup water, more as needed
- salt and pepper
- FOR THE REST:
- 4 zucchini squash
- 24 oz jar of marinara
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add macadamia nuts to a food processor and mix to combine, scraping down sides as needed.
- Add remaining ricotta ingredients to food processor and pulse until combined.
- Slice zucchinis lengthwise with a mandolin slicer.
- Pour about ½ cup marinara sauce into a casserole pan (approximately 9×13-inch) and line one layer with thinly sliced zucchini.
- Scoop and spread about ¼ cup of the ricotta mixture over the layer of zucchini.
- Add a layer of marinara sauce and then top with more zucchini slices. Continue until all ingredients are used.
- Bake uncovered for 40 – 45 minutes. The zucchini should be very easily pierced when cut with a knife. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Leftovers will last for about 3 days in the fridge and a month in the freezer. Enjoy!
I am a personal chef and food blogger in Austin, Tx. I would love to win this contest to show people how they can eat healthy things that actually taste delicious! I've posted a few pictures below to show the making of this awesome zucchini noodle lasagna.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!