An easy way to bring some fresh vegetables into your morning routine is to grate some into your oatmeal. It adds a little bit of texture to your bowl and mimics the taste of zucchini bread!
Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 7 min
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup grated zucchini (I like the texture of a medium grate...no mushy oatmeal for me!)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts, to top
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar, to top
- drizzle of maple syrup or butter, optional
- In a small pot, add milk/water, cinnamon and oats. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat, stirring a few times ~ 3 min.
- Add in the chia seeds and grated zucchini. CContinue to simmer, stirring occasionally about 4 min until desired texture is reached.
- When cooked, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and brown sugar. Top with chopped walnuts and perhaps a drizzle of melted butter or maple syrup.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!