An easy way to bring some fresh vegetables into your morning routine is to grate some into your oatmeal. It adds a little bit of texture to your bowl and mimics the taste of zucchini bread!
Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 7 min
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup grated zucchini (I like the texture of a medium grate...no mushy oatmeal for me!)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- chopped walnuts, to top
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar, to top
- drizzle of maple syrup or butter, optional
- In a small pot, add milk/water, cinnamon and oats. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat, stirring a few times ~ 3 min.
- Add in the chia seeds and grated zucchini. CContinue to simmer, stirring occasionally about 4 min until desired texture is reached.
- When cooked, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and brown sugar. Top with chopped walnuts and perhaps a drizzle of melted butter or maple syrup.