This Winter Spiced Vanilla Eggnog is the perfect boozy treat for any winter activity. It's so easy to make and full of amazing flavor!
Winter Spiced Vanilla Eggnog
- Yield: 6 cups
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla simple syrup
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ cup bourbon
- ¾ cup cognac
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg (plus more for garnish)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- First, separate the eggs. I like to get out two small bowls and separate the eggs by cracking each on the side of one bowl, and dumping the egg out of the shell into my hand over that first bowl, letting the whites slip through my fingers while holding the yolk in my hand. It’s then really easy to dump the whole yolk into the second bowl once the white has all slipped through. Cover the egg whites and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl (it’s best to use something non-metal, like ceramic or glass,) whisk together the egg yolks and 1 cup of sugar. Continue whisking for a few minutes, until the mixture has turned a pale yellow color. Whisk in the vanilla syrup.
- Next, whisk in the milk, cream, alcohols and spices. Once combined, cover and place in refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Right before you are ready to serve, you’ll want to whip up the egg whites. In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form (this could take from 5-10 minutes.) Remove the eggnog mixture from the refrigerator and whisk in the whites. Serve immediately, garnishing each glass with more ground nutmeg if desired.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!