My mom used to make an amazing, moist applesauce bread that filled the house with a beautiful aroma. We made a vegan version of her recipe using oat flour, and added a decadent cinnamon glaze. it's every bit as good as the original and the glaze takes it over the top. Mom would be proud.
Vegan Applesauce Bread with Cinnamon Glaze
- Servings: 1 slice
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 50 min
- 1.5 c. oat flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T. ground flax meal, mixed with 3 T. water, refrigerated for 15 minutes
- 1.5 c. applesauce
- ¾ c. agave nectar or maple syrup
- ¼ c. chopped pecans (optional)
- ½ - 1 T. coconut oil
- ½ c. agave nectar or maple syrup (for glaze)
- 1.5 T. lemon juice
- ½ t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- 1 c. So Delicious brand cultured coconut milk, unsweetened vanilla flavor
- Mix ½ c. agave nectar or maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla extract, cinnamon and coconut milk until fully incorporated and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use coconut oil to grease a 4 x 8 loaf pan.
- Mix oat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until fully incorporated.
- Add flax meal mixture, applesauce, and agave nectar to the oat mixture and blend until fully incorporated.
- Fill pan with batter and bake for 50 minute or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Remove cake from pan and slice into 8 – 1” slices. Drizzle slices with glaze and chopped pecans.