This quick soup tastes like it's been simmering for hours, but it only takes minutes! Hearty enough to serve as a main dish, easy enough for any day of the week!
Thirty Minute Beef and Veggie Soup
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 20 min
- 1 lg. onion, diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 6 cups beef broth
- 8oz. bag baby mixed salad greens, chopped into bite size pieces
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetable (your choice)
- 2 cups diced red skin potatoes
- In a large soup pot, saute onion and ground beef until cooked through. Drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, then lower heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with a mixed green salad and crusty bread.
The secret to the deep, rich flavor of this soup is the mixed salad greens. Nobody will believe it is ready in under 30 min.! The vegetables choices are endless and the potatoes can be swapped with cooked pasta or rice, added last minute, or canned beans, rinsed and drained. I love it with tortellini!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!