My great-grandmother was known for her amazing recipes - unfortunately, she rarely wrote them down. This peppermint fudge recipe was one of the ones she did pass down to my grandmother, who then passed it down to my mother. My mom makes it every year at Christmas time, and it's a favorite among family and friends. Don't let the simplicity tell you otherwise - it's definitely the best recipe of its kind!
The World's Best Peppermint Fudge
- Servings: 1 piece
- Yield: 1 pan
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- 4.5 cups white sugar
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large jar marshmallow cream
- 1 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- Combine white sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and a pinch of salt in a large saucepan.
- Combine milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and one large jar marshmallow cream in mixer.
- Heat sugar mixture at medium-high heat until it boils.
- Boil at medium to medium high for six to seven minutes.
- If mixture starts to form brown particles take off immediately.
- Pour mixture into chocolate mixture. Beat until nice and creamy.
- Add 2 tsp peppermint flavoring.
- Spread into buttered jelly roll pan.
- Put in fridge until firm enough to cut.