Chocolate Frosty for breakfast? As a foodie and a nutritionist – I believe that it is possible for food to be both delicious and nutritious – it just takes a little ingenuity in the kitchen!! I love to make “upgraded” healthier version of foods – like this Wendy’s style “Frosty"!
- Servings: 1 cup
- Yield: 1 cup
- Prep Time: 5 min
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk, cashew milk, or another alternative milk
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (such as Warrior Blend)
- 1 Tablespoon of white chia or ground flax seeds
- ½ of an avocado
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons of raw cacao powder
- ½ of a frozen banana*
- Small pinch of Real Salt or Himalayan salt**
- A few Ice cubes to chill and thicken
- optional - 1 spoonful of cashew butter (optional)
- optional - a few drops of Stevia or a natural Stevia/Monk Fruit sweetener blend
- Put the liquid into the blender, add the chia seeds, allow to soak & hydrate the chia for approx. 3-5 mins.
- Put the rest of the ingredients except ice and stevia into blender, blend.
- Add desired amount of ice to thicken, blend.
- Taste & adjust for sweetness - add the stevia or monk fruit if desired.
- Pour into a glass, and drink (or eat with a spoon if super thick) right away.
* I like to freeze my banana's with a slight green tip - it has less sugar and more beneficial resistant starch.
** I alway add just a small pinch of high quality unprocessed salt to my smoothies - it brings out the flavors and sweetness and adds some trace minerals – but just make sure to add just a pinch, no one likes a salty smoothie!!)