Pizza is so versatile. You can let your imagination run wild when creating. Coming up with this combination was pretty easy. I have been obsessed with fennel lately, so I added it as a topping. I could have eaten this whole pie by myself but I decided to share it with the hubby (haha). The other star ingredients are goat cheese and bacon. I hope you give it a try. I don’t think you will be disappointed.
- Servings: 2-4
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 package store bought pizza dough, thin crust
- 1 bulb fennel. Sliced thin, save the fennel fronds for garnish
- 8 pieces bacon, diced into pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 8oz package goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees
- In a large skillet on medium to high heat add bacon pieces. Cook them about halfway through until slightly crisp. Remove and place on to a piece of paper towel to drain. Set aside. To the same skillet with bacon drippings, lower heat to medium and add fennel. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until slightly caramelized. Meanwhile roll out the dough and crumble goat cheese all over pizza dough. Next add the caramelized fennel and bacon. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes until crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with fennel fronds.