This crusted quinoa chicken recipe is quick, easy, healthy and gluten free! Goat cheese and red peppers complete this weeknight-friendly meal.
Substitute Quinoa for Breading - Goat Cheese and Quinoa Crusted Chicken
- Yield: s
- Prep Time: 25 hr
- Cooking Time: 25 hr
- ½ Cup water
- ½ Cup Uncooked quinoa, divided
- ½ Cup Extra-Aged Goat Cheese, Grated and divided
- 1 ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- 1 Large egg white
- ½ Lb Chicken breasts (2 medium breasts)
- Sliced roasted red peppers, for garnish
- Sliced fresh basil, for garnish
- Bring ½ cup of water to a boil and stir in ¼ cup of the uncooked quinoa. Cover, turn the heat to low and cook until all the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes.) Set aside to let the quinoa cool.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheetwith cooking spray. Set aside
- Place the remaining ¼ cup of uncooked quinoa into a small food processor and process until ground into a fine flour. Pour the quinoa flour into a large, shallow plate.
- Transfer the cooled, cooked quinoa into a large bowl and add in ¼ cup of the grated Goat Cheese, the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well and pour into a large, shallow plate.
- Pour the egg white into a large shallow plate.
- Dredge each breast into the quinoa flour, pressing to get it evenly coated. Then, transfer each breast into the egg white, also making sure to evenly coat it. Finally, transfer the breasts into the cooked quinoa/cheese mixture, really making sure to coat each side. You will really have to press the quinoa in to make it stick.
- Place the breasts onto the prepared baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake until lightly golden brown and crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
- Turn your oven to high broil, sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of grated cheese on the chicken and broil until melted, only about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced roasted red pepper and basil and DEVOUR
*Extra-aged goat cheese is hard like a cheddar cheese, it is not creamy and crumbly like the goat cheese you may be familiar with. The creamy, crumbly, traditional goat cheese will not work in this recipe!
Source:Crusted Quinoa Chicken on Food Faith Fitness