This pizza is vegetarian, flavorful, and packed with summer flavor!
Spiralized Potato and Zucchini Pizza Bianca with Charred Corn
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 30 min
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large Russet potatoes, peeled, spiralized
- salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 medium eggs, beaten
- kernels from 1 ear of corn
- ½ small zucchini
- 4-5 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 teaspoons ricotta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in an oven-proof 12” skillet. Once oil is shimmering, add the potato noodles and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss until cooked and wilted and lightly browned, about 10 minutes and then transfer to a medium mixing bowl. Let cool for 1 minute and then add in the egg and toss well to combine.
- Transfer the noodles back into the skillet, spreading them out to cover the bottom of the skillet. Place the skillet back over medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes or until bottom is set. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the egg is cooked and the noodles are set and appear firm when pressed down with the back of a spatula. Ideally, the crust should start to brown and perhaps some of the edges are crispy.
- As the crust cooks, heat the remaining oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the corn and season with salt and pepper. Cook until bright yellow and fork tender, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Also, meanwhile, slice the zucchini piece halfway through lengthwise, careful not to pierce through the center. Spiralize using Blade A and set noodles aside.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, leaving about 1” from the ends for a crust. Season with pepper and then place teaspoon dollops of the ricotta over the mozzarella. Then, sprinkle with corn and layer with zucchini slices. Cook for 5-10 minutes or until mozzarella melts.
- Once pizza is finished, garnish with parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and pepper. Serve straight out of the skillet!