Spicy Thai Basil Cucumber Cocktail is a sweet way to enjoy the heat of late summer! Literally! With hot peppers and savory Thai basil, this drink is cool and refreshing, with a nice, slow jalapeno burn at the finish.
Spicy Thai Basil Cucumber Cocktail
- Yield: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 15 min
- 8-10 Thai basil leaves
- 2 TB organic sugar
- 2- ⅛ inch slices fresh jalapeno
- 2- ⅛ inch slices banana pepper
- 2 oz. cucumber juice*
- 2 oz white rum
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle basil, lime, sugar and peppers.
- Add cucumber juice and rum and muddle again.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain over ice and garnish, if desired.
*To make cucumber juice, peel and seed 3 English cucumbers. Puree in a food processor and strain through a fine mesh sieve to remove pulp.