This Southwest Loaded Cornbread is sweet, fluffy, unbelievably easy to make and incredibly addicting!
Southwest Loaded Cornbread
- 1 box of Hodgson Mill Gluten Free Cornbread Mix (or your favorite cornbread mix).
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup jalapenos- chopped
- 3 scallions- chopped
- 2 tsp cracked black pepper
- Prepare the cornbread mix according to package instructions.
- Mix in ½ cup of corn kernels, ¼ cup chopped jalapenos (I used pickled instead of fresh), 3 scallions chopped, and 2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- Preheat oven according to cornbread mix directions.
- Pour batter into a prepared 9x9 baking dish.
- If you have extra ingredients leftover, you can add additional corn, jalapenos, scallions to the top of the batter before baking.
- Bake according to package directions. Note, this recipe may take 5-10 minutes longer than the package states, because of the added ingredients.