Using your Slow Cooker makes this White Bean Chicken Chili Verde a cinch! Just toss in your ingredients, and let it simmer all day, come home to a hearty bowl of soup!
Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili Verde
- 2 pounds chicken breast, fat removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cans green chiles
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (32 ounce) container of chicken stock
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoons season salt, garlic salt or salt based cajun seasoning
- Place all ingredients in the slow cooker except the lime juice and seasoned salt.
- Let mixture simmer on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Before you serve, remove the chicken breast and shred, add the shredded chicken back to the crock pot.
- Squeeze lime juice into the soup and sprinkle season salt, stir, and let simmer an additional 20-30 minutes.
Recipe is gluten free and low calorie. Blog post can be found: http://www.maebells.com/slow-cooker-white-bean-chicken-chili-verde/