This slow cooker turkey meatballs florentine has unbeatable flavor. With the combination of spices, spinach, and parmesan cheese it is sure to please your dinner crowd. Since these meatballs are prepared in a slow cooker there is very little work involved, making these great for a busy weeknight meal. You simply brown the meatballs on the stovetop, and the slow cooker does the rest!
Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs Florentine
- 1 pound ground turkey, ground chicken is great too
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ⅓ cup panko bread crumbs
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 6 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1-½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, spinach, breadcrumbs, parmesan, egg, half of the garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt, oregano, basil, and ¼ teaspoon of the white pepper.
See the full recipe for Slow Cooker Turkey Meatballs Florentine.