This easy slow cooker chicken recipe will warm you up any time of the year! Add everything in and cook on low for a comfort filled meal with Mexican flavors.
Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 jar of Salsa Verde sauce
- ½ white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup white rice, uncooked
- ¼ cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Tortillas, warmed, optional
- Add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
- Add diced onions and peppers to pot
- Cover with salsa verde. Add water if the chicken is not covered by the sauce.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Serve over white rice, add cheese for topping, if desired.
This meal is perfect for the family on the go that loves a flavor filled meal that is easy to prepare. This slow cooker chicken takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and will fill your family up at the end of a busy day!