This energy bar recipe is super easy and made in the slow cooker! Quinoa, chia seeds and almond butter make these bars a healthy snack or breakfast!
Slow Cooker Quinoa Energy Bars - Snack in your slow cooker!
- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 4 hr
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ Cup Quinoa, uncooked
- ½ Cup Raisins
- ⅓ Cup Roasted Almonds, roughly chopped *
- ⅓ Cup Dried apples, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Chia seeds
- Spray a 5 Quart Slow Cooker with cooking spray and cut a piece of parchment to just fit in the bottom of it. I just traced my slow cooker on a large piece of parchment, cut it out and stuck it in. Spray the parchment with cooking spray, and press it down to adhere it to the slow cooker. **
- In a large, micro-wave safe bowl, combine the almond butter and maple syrup and melt until the almond butter is creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk together the almond butter and maple syrup. Then, whisk in the almond milk, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until the milk is well incorporated with the almond butter.
- Whisk in the eggs until well combined, then stir in all remaining ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared slow cooker and cook on LOW heat until the top of the bars just appear set, about 3 ½-4 hours.
- Run a knife around the outside of the bars and remove the bowl from the slow cooker. Place into the refrigerate to cool completely.
- Once cool, cut into bars and DEVOUR!
**Don’t skip this step. It makes the bars so much easier to get out.
Store the bars in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
Source:Slow Cooker Quinoa Energy Bar Recipe on Food Faith Fitness