Perfectly chewy and delicious Pumpkin Molasses Cookies! Made with pumpkin, cinnamon ginger and molasses!
Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
- ¾ cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar + more sugar for rolling
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses (full flavor)
- ¼ cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Using your stand mixer fitted with the flat beater attachment or your hand mixer, cream together the shortening and sugar. Add the egg, molasses and pumpkin. Mix together.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet molasses mixture. Mix until combined.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized cookie dough balls. Dip and roll in the sugar and then place on baking sheet. Press down each cookie dough ball slightly and bake for about 12-14 minutes, rotating your baking sheet after 8 minutes.
This recipe makes about 20-22 cookies. If wanting more pumpkin flavor, add ½ cup instead of a ¼ cup of pure pumpkin.