Nothing says Fall like Pumpkin cookies! Enjoy the season with a sweet treat that everyone will love!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- ½ cup powdered sugar (for the glaze)
- 4 teaspoons water (for the glaze)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- With an electric mixer, blend together pumpkin, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Mix until well blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Drop mixture onto baking sheet a heaping teaspoonful at a time.
- For larger cookies, drop more dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar and water in bowl to make the glaze.
- Mix together until smooth.
- Once out of the oven, while cookies are still warm, brush glaze over top.
- Store in airtight container.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!