As Autumn "falls" in, you'll want to celebrate it with a vibrant dish. My pumpkin bisque is a sweet & savory elixir that is sure to warm you, energize you, and keep you coming back for more! And the recipe couldn’t be easier! No one will believe you actually made this from scratch.
Pumpkin Bisque Bliss!Prep Time: 15 min Cooking Time: 1 hr 30 min
- 3-4 celery rods, chopped
- 5-6 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 29 oz & 1 15 oz cans pure pumpkin puree
- 12 oz ginger ale
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1-½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp whole allspice
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ancho chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- In a large stockpot over medium heat, add celery, carrots, & cinnamon stick. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Add pumpkin puree and, using one large can, add 2 cans of water. Then add ginger ale, brown sugar, vanilla, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, ancho chili pepper, salt, & pepper. Stir, bring to a boil, then simmer for 90 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream. Let it cool for about ½ hour.
- Scoop out the cinnamon stick and, either using a traditional blender or immersion blender, blend until smooth. Serve!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!