I'm not much of a morning person so coffee is key to jump starting my day - but sometimes it isn't enough. I was looking for a quick and easy way to have my coffee. a little food, and some long lasting protein all in one, so I started to test blending a few of my favorite things together. The result was a delicious, energizing protein shake with the benefits of some caffeine and the perfect way to kick start my day!
Protein Packed Coffee Smoothie
- Servings: 1 serving
- Prep Time: 5 min
- 1 cup cold coffee - I brew the night before and stick in the fridge overnight
- 1 cup almond milk - I use unsweetened vanilla
- 1 half a frozen banana
- 1 half scoop light vanilla protein powder - light chocolate flavor also great
- 2 ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients for 30 seconds, liquids first
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!