How to make a 3-ingredient chocolate turtle! Also see directions below to turn it into a spooky spider for Halloween!
Pretzel Turtles and Pretzel Turtle Spiders
- Small pretzel rings
- Rolo candies (little caramels)
- Walnut or pecan halves
- Chocolate coating or dipping chocolate for drizzle, optional
- See video below for a full tutorial!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a baking sheet with Pam (non-stick spray).
- Put pretzel rings on sheet.
- Unwrap Rolos and put a Rolo in each pretzel ring.
- Place Rolo pretzels in oven.
- Turn oven off.
- Cook for only 1-2 minutes or until just softened, not melted.
- Remove from oven and gently smash walnut or pecan half onto each Rolo.
- Cool on sheet and remove when completely cool.
- Can be refrigerated to cool.
- To make Spooky Spiders, break mini pretzel rings to create legs.
- Stick the legs into the softened caramel and let set.
- If caramel has already set, use melted chocolate coating or dipping chocolate to "glue" legs on.
Follow me on Facebook for a new One Minute Kitchen every Wednesday!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!