Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Enter TODAY Food's Fast & Easy Family Meals Challenge!

Praise the Braise! Beer Braised Chicken... or Braise of Thighs!

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

KitchAnnette 2016 Oscars Braised Thighs Plate

I came up with this dish to celebrate the 2016 Academy Awards® Best Picture nominated film, Bridge of Spies as Braise of Thighs!

I focused on "bridging" the plot of the movie to it's name in creating this dish. Using a German doppelbock beer was the ideal solution.

KitchAnnette 2016 Oscars Braise of Thighs Full

Here’s how:

KitchAnnette 2016 Oscars Braised Thighs Ingr

INGREDIENTS: The Rub: • 1 tsp black pepper • 1 tsp salt • 1 tsp cayenne pepper • 1/2 tsp dried rosemary The Braise: • 2.5 lbs chicken thighs skinless • 1/4 cup olive oil • 2-1/2 cups german doppelbock or other dark beer • 1 small onion, chopped • 1/4 cup honey

DIRECTIONS: 1) Mix spices together. Toss chicken in the spices until it's well coated. 2) Add olive oil to large skillet and on medium high heat, brown chicken on all sides. Set aside. 3) Deglaze the pan by adding 1 cup beer to the pan and, using a wooden spoon and raising the heat to high, scrape the bottom of the pan to get up any brown bits. Add chopped onions to the skillet and sauté until they are softened. 4) Bring the heat down low and add the chicken back into the pan and pour 1 cup beer over it. Cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over and continue to simmer covered for another 20 minutes. 5) Transfer the chicken to a dish. On high heat, bring the remaining liquid to a boil, adding about 1/2 cup more beer and the honey. Remove from heat when it reaches a syrupy consistency and pour over the chicken.

My usual chicken go-to is chicken breasts but chicken thighs are the "in" cut and very flavorful. The combination of the spices with the beer and honey glaze makes this quite an intoxicating dish!

Annette

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!