The perfect addition to anyone's Thanksgiving feast and a little bit off the normal Turkey Day menu
Potato StuffingPrep Time: 35 min
- 1lb peeled white potato
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 stalks chopped celery
- 1 peice of bread, white or wheat, or whatever you have torn into small pieces
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Bells seasoning to taste
- dash of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- Boil peeled potato till soft
- Drain and add back to pan
- add the rest of the ingredients. I add lots of bells seasoning and slight mash with potato masher
- Fill turkey or chicken, or add to cassarole dish and cook with turkey. If you do the cassarole dish, take out when your basting turkey and add some juices from turkey and return to oven. I cook as long as turkey in cassarole dish too.
This is an old french recipe passed down in my husbands family that has been enjoyed for many years and very simple to make.