Proper technique with any dish is the tool for success. I spent several months perfecting egg dishes. I was hard boiled egg determined. You will be so happy by how easy these eggs peel. This technique is consistent. The eggs are always smooth and pretty. The key is to follow directions Eggs-actly.
Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs Every Time
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cooking Time: 12 min
- 10 large eggs. Remove from refrigerator 20 minutes prior to boiling
- 1 large pot. No overcrowding
- Fresh water
- Place a pot of water filled ¾ full onto stove.
- Bring water to a full rolling boil
- Gently and quickly place eggs into water. Best to use a tool that will place them into water
- Use caution. so eggs don't crack
- If one of the eggs has a leak place 1 small dollop of vinegar into water. This will help congeal the white
- Set the timer for exactly 12 minutes, no more.
- Remove from stove immediately and drain water quickly into a colander. Drain gently so eggs do not crack
- Place eggs into refrigerator to cool. Keep them in the colander.
- Once completely cool remove egg shells under a gentle stream of water.
Rolling Boil. A point where large bubbles rise quickly at 212 degrees F to the surface of the liquid. A full rolling boil is one that cannot be dissipated by stirring.