This recipe was passed down by my great, great aunt. That means it's well over 100 years old! This is a tried and true no bake cookie recipe. We can go through all of these in a day, that's probably a scary thing...but they are so delicious!
PB Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- Servings: 2 Dozen
- 2 Cups Sugar
- ½ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter (Crunchy or Creamy)
- 2 ½ Cups Quick Cooking Oats or Gluten Free Oats
- Prepare cookie sheets with greased wax paper or parchment paper then set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, put sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk. Cook the mixture up until it boils. Let it boil for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Add in the salt, vanilla, and peanut butter. Stir it well until the peanut butter is melted.
- Stir in the oatmeal and mix thoroughly.
- Drop in spoonfuls onto the wax paper and let harden.
- Makes approximately 2 dozen.
This recipe will please the entire family! I know for us my husband comes home with a smile on his face when he sees a plate of these cookies waiting on him. Head on over to Mommy Hates Cooking for more recipes!