A chocolate lover's dream! A healthy, Paleo version of an old favorite.
Paleo Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4-5 bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of sea salt
- ⅓ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
- Grease one 9"x5" loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl or mixer, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for about ½ hour. Flip out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.