How to make "Hoot the Owl" for your holiday cookie platter!
- 12 round cookies (approximately 3-inches in diameter), baked
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- 24 Werther's Original hard candies
- 24 chocolate chips
- 1-2 (8-10 oz) packages of slivered almonds (must be unbroken)
- 12 large whole cashews
- Separate broken slivered almonds and choose only unbroken pieces.
- Place vanilla frosting in a piping bag. Pipe two circles of frosting on top of the cookie for the eyes. (about 1 inch in diameter each)
- Place one Werther's Original candy on top of each circle of frosting.
- Pipe a small amount of frosting on top of the Werther's, and then place one chocolate chip on each eye.
- Attach the slivered almonds (sticking up out of the frosting) around each eye, forming a circle around each eye.
- Create a second circle outside of the first.
- Create a third circle. In the center toward the bottom, place the cashew into the frosting, the wider side at the top.
- See video below for a full tutorial!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!