Oatmeal doesn't have to be like the bland bowl from your childhood or the prepackaged, sugar-filled variety. It can be a flavorful and healthy way to start the day and with this recipe you can set your crockpot to do the work for you!
Overnight Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Coconut oil
- 2 apples cored, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups gluten free oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds plus 6 Tbsp hot water mixed (egg replacer)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- optional: raisins or dried cranberries
- Grease bottom and sides of crockpot with coconut oil and turn on low during prep time.
- Mix all dry ingredients in bowl
- Make the chia egg
- Mix together all wet ingredients in separate bowl and add chia egg and chopped apple
- Pour wet ingredient bowl into dry ingredient bowl and mix together well
- Pour ingredients in crock pot
- Set the time for 6-7 hours before you want to eat, put the crock pot on low for 6-7 hours.
- Optional: Add raisins or cranberries the last 30 minutes to soften