This quick one pot meal is always a family favorite!
One Pot Wonder Pasta
- 1 (1-pound box, or 16 oz) spaghetti or thin linguine
- 12 oz (1 pint) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half and then sliced thin
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced or minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- In a large stock pot, place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, olive oil, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and turn mixture frequently until pasta is al dente and liquid has almost evaporated.
- Pasta should be done in 9-12 minutes, depending on the size of your pasta.
- If desired, when plated drizzle a little extra virgin olive over pasta and garnished with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and basil leaf.
- Serves 4-6 entrée-size portions.
I still prefer the taste of sautéed onions over raw, so I opted to sauté the onions and garlic first and then I added them to the rest of the ingredients in the pot. You can also add a pinch of fresh oregano along with the basil if you have it on hand.
Ingredients in the stock pot: