The perfect marriage of two favorite comfort foods, this kid-approved, one pot wonder dish is full of flavor and ready to devour in just 30 minutes!
One Pot Chili Mac and Cheese
- Yield: 8-10
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small White Onion, finely diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 4 C Beef Broth
- 1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 10 oz Uncooked Elbow Pasta
- 2 C Shredded Cheese
- ¼ C Fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat add the olive oil, followed by the onion, cooking until softened, around 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute, then add the ground beef, breaking it into small pieces until completely browned, around 4 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Add the beef broth, tomatoes, and beans, as well as the cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Bring pot to a simmer then stir in pasta. Return to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, top with cheese and re-cover until melted, about 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the fresh parsley.