Parents, you’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.

Or just as likely, we’ve got questions and you’ve got answers.

Challenge: Reinventing Breakfast

Nutella Waffles

Vote up!
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this article

Put down the acai bowl. It's time to savour the most important meal of the day and I have just the recipe to help you do so.

While I'm all for a quick and easy breakfast during the week, I think that come the weekend we should all be enjoying a more leisurely breakfast. It's not just about the food, it's about taking an hour or so out of your busy schedule to share a delicious meal with family and friends, or enjoy a lazy morning on your own with a coffee and a plate of Nutella Waffles.

This is a delicious twist on the breakfast favorite and it is oh-so-simple to make. Take some time for yourself this weekend and enjoy a plate of Nutella Waffles.

Nutella Waffles

• Yield: Makes 8-10 square waffles and 20 stick waffles.
  • Prep Time: 20 min
  • Cooking Time: 20 min

Ingredients

• 2 cups flour
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 3 Tbs cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 75g butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 cups Nutella, plus extra for serving
  • Powdered sugar, for serving
  • Optional: Ice cream, for serving

Preparation

1. Sift flour into a large bowl and then add sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
  2. In another bowl, beat eggs, butter and milk and slowly add to the dry ingredients.
  3. Stir until well combined and then add the Nutella, continuing to stir until well combined again.
  4. Lightly grease the waffle pan and place over hot plate on medium heat.
  5. Pour batter into the waffle pan, being careful not to overfill them.
  6. Cook for 3-5 minutes each side before turning out onto a plate. Repeat until all the batter is used.
  7. Serve with powdered sugar, Nutella and ice cream.

Recipe Tags

This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!