Nutella Banana Waffles with Nutella Cinnamon Syrup are a perfect Sunday morning breakfast. Kids love them as much as adults do. They are perfect for a special occasion like Mother's Day breakfast or brunch. Or top them with whipped cream and call them dessert!
Nutella Banana Waffles with Nutella Cinnamon Syrup
- Servings: 2 Waffles
- Yield: 4 Belgian Waffles
- Prep Time: 8 min
- Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 large banana diced
- Turn your waffle maker on to heat up while your mixing the ingredients.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder, set aside.
- n a small sauce pan or a bowl in the microwave warm the milk, ½ cup Nutella and butter just until the butter and Nutella have melted. (do not over heat! you want this to be just warmed)
- Pour the warm milk and Nutella mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until just moistened. Add the beaten egg and banana pieces to the bowl and gently fold into the ingredients.
- Carefully spray or wipe down the inside of the waffle maker with oil.
- Pour a heaping one cup of waffle batter into the hot waffle maker ( 7 inch Belgian style waffle maker) and cook per manufacturers instructions.
- Remove each waffle from the waffle maker once done and place in a single layer onto an elevated cooling rack so they don’t become soggy as you are cooking the other waffles.
- Top with sliced banana and serve with your favorite syrup or Nutella Cinnamon Syrup.
Nutella Banana Waffles can be served with your favorite waffle syrup or topped with my optional Nutella Cinnamon Syrup.
Need a special breakfast for someone special like Mom on Mother's Day? Nutella Banana Waffles with Nutella Cinnamon Syrup will both surprise and excite her on her special day!
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!