This is my husbands favorite meal. His mom taught me this recipe a few years before she passed away.
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cooking Time: 40 min
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsps of olive oil
- 1 Large can of low sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 Large can of 2% milk
- Spices, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, pepper
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Slightly beaten egg
- 1 Cup brown rice
- 1 Box chicken/broccoli rice
- 2 Cups water
- Heat oil
- Dip chicken in beaten egg
- Dredge chicken in flour
- Place chicken in oil to brown
- Season each chicken breast, once browned, turn over and season the other side
- Add mushroom soup and milk to a saucepan and warm, stirring frequently
- Once chicken is browned, pour soup/milk mixture over chicken
- Saute the chicken/broccoli rice, add water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add 1 cup of brown rice to the rice mixture after 15 minutes and cook for additional 10 to 15 minutes.
To plate the dish, spoon rice on the plate, top with chicken and pour the mushroom soup over the chicken and rice.
This post comes from the TODAY Food Club community, where anyone can write posts, ask questions and share advice. Learn more and join us!